- 1 How do you make a Christmas stocking out of paper?
- 2 What can I do with old Christmas stockings?
- 3 How do you make homemade Christmas socks?
- 4 How do you make Santa socks?
- 5 What is needed to decorate stockings?
- 6 How do you decorate felt stockings?
- 7 Can you reuse Christmas wreath?
- 8 How do you use Christmas stockings?
- 9 How do you reuse a Christmas wreath?
- 10 Why do you put an orange in a Christmas stocking?
How do you make a Christmas stocking out of paper?
- 1Print out the template.
- 2 Prepare the construction paper.
- 3Fold in half.
- 4 Make a stocking outline.
- 5Cut out the stocking.
- 6Apply glue.
- 7Fold and press at the edges.
- 8Decorate the stocking.
What can I do with old Christmas stockings?
Stockings are awesome for making garlands, advent calendars, for bed and chair décor, for gift tags and for gifts – you can fill a stocking with candies, biscuits and chocolate and voila! Get more creative ideas for your cozy Christmas below!
How do you make homemade Christmas socks?
Sew the front and back of the stocking shapes together with a ¼” seam; turn inside out. For the cuff, cut an 8″ x 16″ rectangle from matching felt, sew ends together with ¼” seam, then turn inside out and slide over the top of the stocking. Tuck 3 inches of the cuff inside the top of the stocking; hot-glue in place.
How do you make Santa socks?
Take a fluffy sock and “dress” your Santa. You can secure the sock with some felt glue or hot glue. Make the hat from another red sock. Attach beard with hot glue.
What is needed to decorate stockings?
- a canvas stocking.
- a small square of felt.
- a mini embroidery hoop.
- alphabet stickers.
- fabric glue.
- craft paint and a foam brush.
- pompom trim.
How do you decorate felt stockings?
Read on for more tips for decorating felt stockings.
- Make a paper template: trace the stocking onto a piece of paper. Use the outline to practice making your design.
- Draw and cut out for the main design.
- Glue the design pieces onto the stocking.
- Glue or sew on added accessories.
- Add glitter glue.
Can you reuse Christmas wreath?
Whether it’s for crafts or as nourishment for other plants, Christmas wreaths are useful and can be reused or recycled in a number of ways. Any ornaments, pine cones, or bows can be saved for use on a fresh wreath next holiday season.
How do you use Christmas stockings?
A Christmas stocking is an empty sock or sock-shaped bag that is hung on Saint Nicholas Day or Christmas Eve so that Saint Nicholas (or the related figures of Santa Claus and Father Christmas ) can fill it with small toys, candy, fruit, coins or other small gifts when he arrives.
How do you reuse a Christmas wreath?
How to Repurpose an Old Christmas Wreath:
- Begin by fluffing up your wreath, making sure it is not laying flat.
- Next, cut off the berries that came on the wreath and any other items that may be on yours that you do not want to keep.
- For added dimension, add pieces of greenery to your wreath.
Why do you put an orange in a Christmas stocking?
Nicholas traveled to the house, and tossed three sacks of gold down the chimney for each of the dowries. The gold happened to land in each of the girls’ stockings which were hanging by the fire to dry. The oranges we receive today are a symbol of the gold that was left in the stockings.