- 1 How do you stand out at a craft fair?
- 2 How do you show artwork at a craft fair?
- 3 How do you set up a craft fair?
- 4 What should you not do at a craft fair?
- 5 What sells best at craft fairs?
- 6 How do I display my artwork?
- 7 How do you display paintings?
- 8 How do you display canvases?
- 9 How do I set up a vendor booth?
- 10 How do I prepare for my first craft fair?
- 11 How do you show prices at a craft fair?
- 12 What should I wear to a craft fair?
How do you stand out at a craft fair?
Every craft show display should (properly) use color.
- Planning products so their colors work together.
- Thinking about how your brand colors work with your product colors (You may also like 10 UNIQUE BRANDING IDEAS FOR YOUR CRAFT SHOW SPACE)
- Being strategic with your use of color. Limit hues (3 or less is ideal.
How do you show artwork at a craft fair?
Some artists use a display easel to show their work at art fairs. An easel can be placed at a front corner of your booth to help draw attention to your work. It’s an effective way to feature one of your most eye-catching paintings.
How do you set up a craft fair?
Tips for a Successful Craft Fair
- Presentation! Presentation is everything!
- Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Provide a mirror!
- Advertise your business.
- Price EVERYTHING.
- Don’t oversell yourself.
- What to sell?
- Wear your items, if possible.
- Packaging, packaging, packaging!
What should you not do at a craft fair?
10 Mistakes to Avoid At a Craft Fair
- You ‘re unprepared…and it shows.
- You ‘re unfriendly.
- There’s nothing about the booth that stands out.
- Too little or too many products.
- You don’t have business cards.
- Prices are nowhere to be seen.
- Your information is outdated.
- You don’t have any change.
What sells best at craft fairs?
But first, we can explore some of the more popular products that are sold at craft fairs. So let’s take a look at the type of items people might “want” more than others when shopping at craft fairs.
- Self-Improvement Products.
- Improved Perception Products.
- Purposeful Products.
How do I display my artwork?
To get you inspired, here are my tips to go beyond the traditional eye level photo wall and display artwork in unconventional and interesting ways.
- Layer Your Artwork.
- Mount Your Art in and on a Bookshelf (or Built-In)
- Mix Your Materials and Use Objects.
- Dress Your Corners with Artwork.
- Hang Your Art Low.
How do you display paintings?
10 tips for displaying art in your home
- Create a gallery wall.
- Bid farewell to frames.
- Create an oversized mural.
- Make use of the floor.
- Try using picture shelves.
- Colour-match to your collection.
- Mix and match your frames.
- Make a statement with the stairs.
How do you display canvases?
7 Ways to Display Your Canvas Prints
- Place Canvas Prints on Floating Shelves.
- Create a Faux Photo Booth Design.
- Show Off a Print in a Unique Frame.
- Hang Square Prints in a Grid Collage.
- Combine Different Types of Wall Art in a Gallery.
- Capture a Life Event with Small Prints.
- Add Inspiration with Quotes, Poems, and Lyrics.
How do I set up a vendor booth?
Here are a few dos and don’ts to make your vendor booth a success.
- DO: Choose an ideal location for your booth.
- DON’T: Wait until the last minute to plan your booth space.
- DO: Prominently display your company name.
- DON’T: Lay out all your displays flat on a table.
- DO: Offer a giveaway or prize.
How do I prepare for my first craft fair?
Craft Fair Preparation Checklist
- Craft show date marked & reminders set.
- Accommodations booked.
- Transportation planned.
- Craft show helper booked & notified.
- Goal setting sheets completed (determine how much you can make at the upcoming event and set goals)
- Licenses, permits, insurance, etc.
- Payment accepting system in place.
How do you show prices at a craft fair?
Here are 7 creative ways to display your pricing at craft shows:
- Use custom signs.
- Make DIY price tags.
- Download price tag templates.
- Make price tags from shrink plastic.
- Craft your own foiled leather tags.
- Make hand lettered chalkboards.
- Create your own graphics.
- Use custom, blank tags.
What should I wear to a craft fair?
Of course, you can wear whatever you like to a craft fair but as the saying goes: Dress for the job you want. The Gap, Starbucks or The Body Shop wouldn’t tell their sales people to wear whatever they want when they come to work. They have an image to uphold and so does your business.