What can I make out of candy canes?
Here are five ways to put leftover candy canes to good use.
- ① Peppermint Bark.
- ② Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
- ③ Ice Cream Sandwiches Rolled in Crushed Candy Canes.
- ④ Peppermint Truffles.
- ⑤ Peppermint Puppy Chow.
How do you make candy canes gifts?
To make: Attach candy canes together, either in a heart shape or back-to-back, with hot-glue. Tiered twine around canes where glued. Loop over red twine, and hang. Loop ribbon or twine around around the top most candy cane to hang this adorable door swag.
How do you make a candy cane door wreath?
- Unwrap the candy canes.
- For the large candy canes, arrange 10 “hearts” (20 candy canes ) in a wreath shape.
- Once the hot glue has dried, wrap the waxed twine around the connections and tie it off.
- Flip the wreath over so the knots and the visible hot glue are on the back of the wreath.
What can I do with giant candy canes?
Instead of tossing all of your candy canes out in the trash, try some of these inventive recipes, both edible and non.
- Peppermint Leftover Candy Cane Brownies.
- Peppermint Simple Syrup.
- Candy Cane Cupcakes.
- Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Mix.
- Candy Cane Vodka.
- Candy Cane Milkshake.
- Candy Cane Cookies.
- Candy Cane Sugar Scrub.
How do you make Christmas candy decorations?
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Spray insides of cookie cutters with cooking spray; place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until candy is melted. Cool 3 minutes.
- String ribbon through hole in ornament, and tie for hanging.
Why is candy cane in Christmas?
It wasn’t until the turn of the century that the red and white stripes and peppermint flavors became the norm. In Indiana, a candy maker wanted to make a candy that could be a reminder of Jesus Christ, so he made the Christmas candy cane. When you break the cane, it reminds us that Jesus’ body was broken for us.