- 1 What can I do with my 8-year-old at home?
- 2 What are some fun and easy crafts to do at home?
- 3 How can I entertain my 9 year old at home?
- 4 What do 8-year-old boys do for fun?
- 5 What games do 8-year-olds play?
- 6 How do I keep my 8-year-old entertained?
- 7 What crafts are trending for 2020?
- 8 What are some fun crafts to do when bored?
- 9 What crafts can I do when I’m bored?
- 10 What should my 9 year old be learning?
- 11 How do I teach my 9 year old comprehension?
- 12 What should I be teaching my 8 year old?
- 13 What do 8 year olds like to play?
- 14 What is a good gift for 8 year old boy?
- 15 What can a 8 year old do when bored?
What can I do with my 8-year-old at home?
14 Fun Things To Do At Home With Your 8 – Year – Old
- Craft Crates.
- Obstacle courses in the yard or living room.
- Scavenger hunts through the neighborhood or house.
- Learn a new hobby together, like knitting.
- Create a book club or start a weekly poetry tea time.
- Write letters and mail them.
- Work on a new skill.
What are some fun and easy crafts to do at home?
Easy DIY Crafts Anyone Can Do
- Blue Monogrammed String Art.
- Picture Perfect Pom-Poms in Minutes.
- Paper Towel Roll Castle.
- Newspaper Seed-Starter Pots.
- Cardboard Tube Seed-Starting.
- Monogram Faux Floral Wreath.
- DIY Upcycled Wine Cork Board.
- Use Nail Polish to Create Marbled Votives.
How can I entertain my 9 year old at home?
Fun learning ideas for 9 – year – olds
- Action games. Play paper and pencil games such as Call My Bluff and Categories.
- Keep reading together. Children aged 9 still enjoy being read to and it’s a great way to develop their vocabulary and listening skills.
- Maths games.
- Cook together.
What do 8-year-old boys do for fun?
6 fun games and activities for 8 – year – olds
- Gardening. Getting in the dirt and watching life grow is an invaluable experience for any 8 – year – old.
- Board games.
- Arts and crafts.
- Chase the Sphere.
- Roller skating.
- Human Gauntlet.
What games do 8-year-olds play?
By Mary Beth
- Cardinal Games Jumanji the Game. Jumanji is a board game like no other.
- The Game of Life. The Game of Life offers players the opportunity to have fun with a pretend life decision made by spinning a wheel.
- Googly Eyes Game.
- Scotland Yard.
- Sorry Game.
- Charades for Kids.
How do I keep my 8-year-old entertained?
Here are 20 old -school and fun activities for kids to do when they’re bored.
- Create a game box.
- Have them make their own cartoon.
- Let them help you.
- Give them an important task.
- Create an idea box.
- Offer creative toys.
- Design a treasure hunt.
- Encourage outdoor play.
What crafts are trending for 2020?
Craft trends 2020: the ones to watch!
- Colours. Perhaps the most important, fundamental trend is the new PANTONE colour of the year, 19-4052 Classic Blue.
- Stained glass. Stained glass tops the list of trendiest crafts of 2020.
- Art therapy.
- Soap making.
What are some fun crafts to do when bored?
21 Fun Crafts to Do When You’re Bored
- Wine Cork Vase. If you’re like me, you might have some excess wine corks laying around and you don’t know what to do with them.
- Ribbon Vase.
- Painted Glass Vase.
- Finger Painting.
- DIY Coasters.
- DIY Spice Containers.
- DIY Serving Tray.
- Paper Flowers.
What crafts can I do when I’m bored?
Crafts to Do When Bored at Home
- Easy T-Shirt Pillow.
- Galaxy Painted Rocks.
- Metallic Foil DIY Pillow.
- Glittery Glass Mug.
- DIY Felt Flower Pillow.
- Fabulous Felt Hair Ties.
- Glamorous Feather Lampshade.
- Nook in a Book DIY Succulent Planter.
What should my 9 year old be learning?
Nine- year – old children will tackle multiplication and division of multiple digits and start learning about fractions and geometry. They will learn how to make graphs and charts using data and will work on word problems that require analytical and logical thinking.
How do I teach my 9 year old comprehension?
6 Strategies to Improve Reading Comprehension
- Have them read aloud.
- Provide books at the right level.
- Reread to build fluency.
- Talk to the teacher.
- Supplement their class reading.
- Talk about what they’re reading.
What should I be teaching my 8 year old?
Fun learning ideas for 8 – year – olds
- Word games. Try alphabet games like ‘The Philosopher’s Cat is… a fiery cat, a beautiful cat’, and so on, to expand vocabulary.
- Board games. Play Junior Trivial Pursuit which requires lots of reading and develops general knowledge at the same time.
- Screen games.
- Make a game of it.
What do 8 year olds like to play?
Enjoy large-muscle activities like jump rope, bike riding, roller blading, ball games and hopscotch. Also enjoy fine motor activities like drawing, braiding, cutting, jigsaw puzzles, weaving, wood work and simple sewing. Make use of reading, writing and simple math in games and toys.
What is a good gift for 8 year old boy?
Head over to the following compilation and discover over 50 different gifts for 8 year old boys that they would absolutely love to receive.
- Nintendo Labo Robot Kit.
- Callaway Golf 2018 Junior Set.
- Skywalker Trampolines Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline.
- LEGO Jurassic World Indoraptor Rampage Kit.
What can a 8 year old do when bored?
Boredom -busting ideas for active kids
- Play a sport outside. This is such a simple idea, but sometimes kids just need someone to put it in their heads.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Wash the car for mom or dad.
- Do ‘mindful movement’ videos.
- Play hide-and-seek.
- Have a dance party.
- Make a fort.
- Make an obstacle course.