- 1 What can I make from old CDs?
- 2 What can I do with old DVDs and CDs?
- 3 What can you do with empty CD cases?
- 4 Can you cut CDs with scissors?
- 5 How do you make fish out of old CDs?
- 6 Are old CDs worth keeping?
- 7 What CDs are worth money?
- 8 Can I play CD’s on a DVD player?
- 9 Should I keep old DVD cases?
- 10 How long does data on a CD last?
- 11 How do you safely destroy CDs?
- 12 Can you drill a hole in a CD?
- 13 How do you melt CDs with flowers?
What can I make from old CDs?
- Use an old CD as the template for a perfect circle.
- Cover old CDs with felt and use them as coasters.
- Use old CDs to catch candle drips.
- Make artistic bowls from old CDs.
- Use old CDs as sidewalk or driveway reflectors.
- Use an old CD as the basis for a kids’ craft.
- Use old CDs as holiday ornaments.
What can I do with old DVDs and CDs?
The Charitable Route: Libraries, Nonprofits and Thrift Stores. If reselling isn’t an option for you, or if you’d rather give to charity, you can call your local library to see if they’re taking donations of CDs and DVDs. You can also drop them off at a nonprofit thrift store like Goodwill, which always takes donations.
What can you do with empty CD cases?
Check out these 15 inspiration photos for upcycling old CD cases (or “ jewel cases ) in interesting ways!
- CD case chandelier.
- CD case pen holder.
- CD case sapling protector.
- CD case lamp.
- CD case picture frames.
- CD storage planters.
- CD case calendar.
- CD case birdhouse.
Can you cut CDs with scissors?
(Any sharp scissors will probably work.) If the CD becomes hard to cut, stop cutting, reheat the area, and begin cutting again. When the CD is the right temperature, the scissors will easily cut it.
How do you make fish out of old CDs?
Steps to Create a Fish: Draw a pattern on your CD by using a permanent marker. Cut a general rectangle shape for the fish fins and tail, accordion fold and tape into place on the back side of the disc. Shape fins with regular or wavy scissors. Draw a mouth onto construction paper and cut out.
Are old CDs worth keeping?
Those old compact discs you loaded up on at $15 a pop are now worth pennies on the Clinton administration dollar, thanks to a double-whammy change in consumers’ listening habits. Sales of new CDs have plummeted by about 90% over the past decade.
What CDs are worth money?
11 surprisingly valuable CDs you might own
- Prince – My Name was Price (Japan-only compilation)
- Value: $4,500-5,000.
- Rolling Stones/Paul McCartney/Queen – The Greatest (Japan-only box set)
- Value: Up to £2,500, or $5,078 equiv.
- Rolling Stones – Steel Wheels Japan Tour (Japan-only compilation)
- Value: $4,400-4,600.
Can I play CD’s on a DVD player?
All DVD players will accept CDs, but this doesn’t necessarily make them better than a CD player. DVD players were designed to play video, not audio. Playing a CD on a DVD player is only possible when you connect an external audio output device, such as a TV or separate speaker set.
Should I keep old DVD cases?
Once the printed material and disc are removed, the jewel case is worth nothing. It has no value and if you feel a need to sell or give the disc away and want to present it nicely, the cases can be purchased from another seller. At this point all the cases are doing is burdening you. They often break in storage.
How long does data on a CD last?
Among the manufacturers that have done testing, there is consensus that, under recommended storage conditions, CD -R, DVD-R, and DVD+R discs should have a life expectancy of 100 to 200 years or more; CD -RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM discs should have a life expectancy of 25 years or more.
How do you safely destroy CDs?
The best way to totally destroy a CD /DVD is to incinerate it. You need quite a hot fire and good ventilation if you don’t want to end up with lumps of melted plastic or your lungs filled with noxious fumes. Despite these drawbacks, things don’t get much more secure than burning.
Can you drill a hole in a CD?
If you want to drill straighter holes, Carla Bruni at Make suggests you grab an old CD, flip it upside down, and center the marked spot you want to drill with the middle of the disk’s hole. When the drill bit and its reflection line up straight, you ‘re good to drill.
How do you melt CDs with flowers?
To form into a flower, you begin slowly bending the cd on all sides into a “bowl shape”. As you begin to get the CD to shape, get the shiny part a little hotter until you see little bubbles form. do this around the whole inside.