- 1 What can you make out of old CD cases?
- 2 What can you do with old empty DVD cases?
- 3 What can you do with old DVD cases?
- 4 What to do with old CDs without cases?
- 5 How long does data on a CD last?
- 6 How do you open the back of a CD jewel case?
- 7 How do I store a DVD without a case?
- 8 How do I organize my DVD binders?
- 9 How do I make my own CD?
What can you make out of old CD cases?
Check out these 15 inspiration photos for upcycling old CD cases (or “ jewel cases ) in interesting ways!
- CD case chandelier.
- CD case pen holder.
- CD case sapling protector.
- CD case lamp.
- CD case picture frames.
- CD storage planters.
- CD case calendar.
- CD case birdhouse.
What can you do with old empty DVD cases?
YES, you can recycle them. Your CD and DVD cases are not entirely useless. Even though they come classified as type 6 plastic material, you can still recycle them. Many recycling centers collect them and make them into new plastics.
What can you do with old DVD cases?
9 things you can do with an old DVD case. Actual, non-terrible ideas
- A FIRST AID KIT!
- A PENCIL CASE AND COLOURING PAD!
- A BOARD GAME!
- A TABLET STAND!
- A PHOTO WALL!
- A CHESS SET!
- A LUNCH BOX!
- TRAVEL LEGO BOARD!
What to do with old CDs without cases?
The Charitable Route: Libraries, Nonprofits and Thrift Stores. If reselling isn’t an option for you, or if you’d rather give to charity, you can call your local library to see if they’re taking donations of CDs and DVDs. You can also drop them off at a nonprofit thrift store like Goodwill, which always takes donations.
How long does data on a CD last?
Among the manufacturers that have done testing, there is consensus that, under recommended storage conditions, CD -R, DVD-R, and DVD+R discs should have a life expectancy of 100 to 200 years or more; CD -RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM discs should have a life expectancy of 25 years or more.
How do you open the back of a CD jewel case?
How to Open a CD Jewel Case: 3 Simple Steps
- Hold the CD jewel case from the lid with your thumb and middle finger.
- Using your index finger push in the middle of the lid down.
- Lay the case on a flat surface to remove the disc.
How do I store a DVD without a case?
DVD Storage Idea #2: Use DVD slips in a basket or a drawer. DVD slips, or movie sleeves, are a great way to store your DVDs. They’re much less bulky than DVD cases, yet they still hold two DVDs per sleeve and the cover art.
How do I organize my DVD binders?
- Gather all your DVDs in one place, and figure out a rudimentary organizational method.
- Place the disc sheets in the binder, and start arranging the discs by category.
- Make disc labels.
- Deal with the DVD inserts.
- Decide on a binder label method.
- Create your spine labels.
How do I make my own CD?
Here’s how it works in just a few quick steps:
- Select the music tab at www.walmart.com/music and click on “Create a Custom CD.”
- Search or browse a song and click “Add to CD.” Continue to add songs until playlist is complete or CD is full.
- Click “Organize and Buy” and continue.