- 1 What can I do with my 2 year old on a rainy day?
- 2 How do I entertain my toddler on a rainy day?
- 3 What crafts can I make on a rainy day?
- 4 What crafts can a 2 year old do?
- 5 How do I entertain my toddler all day?
- 6 What can I teach my 2 year old at home?
- 7 What can toddlers do in Auckland on a rainy day?
- 8 What do you do with a 2 year old all day?
- 9 What are some fun and easy crafts to do at home?
- 10 What’s good for dinner on a rainy day?
- 11 When should a child know their ABC’s?
- 12 Should a 2-year-old know colors?
- 13 Do 2 year olds still wear diapers?
What can I do with my 2 year old on a rainy day?
10 Best Indoor Activities for Toddlers
- Cardboard Box Train. Hands On As We Grow.
- Sticky Spider Web. Hands On As We Grow.
- Shaving Cream Sensory DIY. Hands On As We Grow.
- Pop Bottle Bowling. Hands On As We Grow.
- Straw Threaded Shoestring Necklace.
- Indoor Energetic Newspaper Throwing.
- Slimy Eyes.
- Lines of Colored Tape.
How do I entertain my toddler on a rainy day?
10 Unexpected Places to Take a Toddler on a Cold or Rainy Day
- The Library. This is an obvious one, right?
- The Local Mall.
- Pet & Aquarium Stores.
- Indoor McDonald’s (or other restaurant) Playplaces.
- Local YMCAs and Recreation Centers.
- Indoor Play Spaces & Playgrounds.
What crafts can I make on a rainy day?
7 rainy day Pinterest crafts to do with your kids
- Homemade puffy paint. Happiness is Homemade / Happiness is Homemade.
- Paper plate flower craft. Crafty Morning / Crafty Morning.
- Shimmer playdough. The Playroom / The Playroom.
- Paper bag animal puppets.
- Straw rockets.
- Homemade flubber.
- DIY rainy day paper umbrellas.
What crafts can a 2 year old do?
The best crafts for toddlers
- Homemade Stamps Craft.
- Paper Plate Sun Craft.
- Painted Pasta Necklace Craft.
- Leaf Painting Craft.
- Paper Cup Flowers Craft.
- Caterpillar Suncatcher Craft.
- Under the Sea Preschool Plate Craft.
- Rainbow Tree Craft.
How do I entertain my toddler all day?
Here are 22 easy activities to entertain your toddler —bookmark this list for your next long day at home!
- Play with toys. Break out the cars.
- Feed them snacks.
- Take them on a walk in the stroller.
- Take them on a walk to the mailbox.
- Take them to the park.
- Play in the backyard.
- Give them a bath.
What can I teach my 2 year old at home?
What You Can Teach Your Two Year Old
- NEW WORDS AND CONVERSATIONAL SPEECH. Your 2 – year – old should have gained a slew of new vocabulary words in the past year.
- READING BOOKS.
- PROMOTE INDEPENDENCE.
- PRETEND PLAY.
- DRAWING AND COLORING.
- NUMBERS AND COUNTING.
- LETTERS AND SOUNDS.
What can toddlers do in Auckland on a rainy day?
Auckland’s Best Indoor Activities For Kids
- The Auckland War Memorial Museum. Auckland Domain.
- Kelly Tarlton’s. Mission Bay.
- Paradice Ice Skating. Avondale and Botany.
- ActivZone. Glenfield.
- Gloputt Mini Golf. Takapuna.
- JUMP. Mairangi Bay, East Tamaki & Avondale.
- Virtual Reality Studio. Mt Roskill.
- Snowplanet. Silverdale.
What do you do with a 2 year old all day?
- playdough (we probably pull this out 3xs a day )
- sensory bins (we do these a few times a month, not tons)
- water or ice play.
- sticky walls.
What are some fun and easy crafts to do at home?
Easy DIY Crafts Anyone Can Do
- Blue Monogrammed String Art.
- Picture Perfect Pom-Poms in Minutes.
- Paper Towel Roll Castle.
- Newspaper Seed-Starter Pots.
- Cardboard Tube Seed-Starting.
- Monogram Faux Floral Wreath.
- DIY Upcycled Wine Cork Board.
- Use Nail Polish to Create Marbled Votives.
What’s good for dinner on a rainy day?
Everything in This Slideshow
- 1 of 20 Old-Fashioned Chicken And Dumplings.
- 2 of 20 French Onion Soup Casserole.
- 3 of 20 Slow-Cooker Pot Roast.
- 4 of 20 Andouille Sausage and Smoked Chicken Gumbo.
- 5 of 20 Shepherd’s Pie.
- 6 of 20 Soulful Chicken Soup.
- 7 of 20 Beef-and-Black-eyed Pea Chili.
- 8 of 20 White Lightning Chicken Chili.
When should a child know their ABC’s?
By age 2: Kids start recognizing some letters and can sing or say aloud the “ ABC ” song. By age 3: Kids may recognize about half the letters in the alphabet and start to connect letters to their sounds. (Like s makes the /s/ sound.) By age 4: Kids often know all the letters of the alphabet and their correct order.
Should a 2-year-old know colors?
2 year olds can understand the concept of color and may begin to recognize and learn about colors as early as 18 months. Learning colors can be a fun activity for you and your child to practice together. Start with one color at a time, use flashcards to show your child a color and have them say the name with you.
Do 2 year olds still wear diapers?
Most children will complete toilet training and be ready to stop using diapers between 18 and 30 months of age,1 but this certainly isn’t the case for all kids. Some children are not fully out of diapers until after the age of 4.