- 1 What can I do with old Christmas light bulbs?
- 2 How do you make a lightbulb ornament?
- 3 How do you decorate a light bulb?
- 4 What are some good Christmas crafts?
- 5 How do you use an old light bulb?
- 6 How do you make snowman ornaments with light bulbs?
- 7 What kind of paint do you use on light bulb ornaments?
- 8 How do you make a snowman light bulb?
- 9 How do you make a homemade light bulb?
- 10 Can you put acrylic paint on light bulbs?
- 11 How can I make a homemade lamp?
- 12 How can I make Christmas fun?
- 13 What are some fun and easy crafts to do at home?
- 14 How do you make homemade Christmas?
What can I do with old Christmas light bulbs?
Drop ’em off at a donation bin near you or find your local store. Your local municipal waste service: You’re not the only one in the neighborhood taking down the Christmas lights. The EPA recommends contacting your local recycling service to see if it is accepting working or nonworking Christmas lights.
How do you make a lightbulb ornament?
Here’s what to do:
- Paint your light bulb a solid color.
- Let the paint dry.
- Bend two pieces of pipe cleaner into the shape of antlers [Craftelf].
- Glue the antlers to the plug end of the light bulb, using the glue gun.
- Make eyes and a red nose on the light bulb.
- Tie the ribbon around Rudolph’s neck.
How do you decorate a light bulb?
Here are six ways to turn your old bulbs into useful, decorative staples in your home. Six Ways to Decorate Your Home with Light Bulbs
- Decorative Containers. Classic bulbs have simple constructions that allow them to easily double as vases or containers.
- Crafts for Kids.
- Oil Lamps.
- Hanging Ornaments.
What are some good Christmas crafts?
25 Simple Christmas Crafts:
- How to Make a Christmas Wreath:
- Snow Globe Tumblers:
- Snowman Ornament:
- Sock Gnomes:
- Holiday Character Candy Pots.
- Popsicle Christmas Tree Ornaments.
- Santa Wreath.
- Snowy Mason Jar:
How do you use an old light bulb?
Check out these bright ideas on ways to reuse old light bulbs and up-cycle them into fun and elegant home decor. 14 Brilliant Ways to Reuse Old Light Bulbs
- Twine Pears Centerpieces.
- Wire Floating Vases.
- Fish Tank.
- Snow Globe.
- Oil Lamp.
- Hanging String Terrariums.
- Concrete Wall Hook.
- Sharpie Light Bulbs.
How do you make snowman ornaments with light bulbs?
Wrap floral wire around the metal portion of the light bulb to create a loop, and hang your new ornament from the tree! Twist a pipe cleaner scarf around the neck of the bulb and cut off excess. Wrap floral wire around the metal portion of the light bulb to create a loop, and hang your new ornament from the tree!
What kind of paint do you use on light bulb ornaments?
Let dry. Paint entire light bulb with white acrylic paint and let dry. Apply a second coat.
How do you make a snowman light bulb?
- Paint the shatter proof bulbs white.
- Paint the metal part of the light bulb red, or desired color.
- Paint two eyes, an orange carrot nose, and buttons onto the snowman light bulb.
- Once the red paint on the snowman’s “hat” is dry, paint a layer of Mod Podge over it.
How do you make a homemade light bulb?
Twist two or three strands of the iron wire together, then twist the ends around the hooks in the copper wire. The iron wire will act as your filament. Place the lid (with the filament and wires attached) in the jar and carefully connect the free ends of the copper wire to the terminals on the 6-volt battery.
Can you put acrylic paint on light bulbs?
Acrylic paint is water-based. While it is safe to use acrylic on LED bulbs, the paint is likely to evaporate, burn, or change color when exposed to heat. Depending on the opacity of your paint, painted bulbs will be dimmer than non-painted bulbs. If your paint is extremely opaque, the light may not be usable.
How can I make a homemade lamp?
- Drill a hole through the center of the item you’re using as a base.
- Stain or paint the wooden button caps to match your base.
- Using a hacksaw, cut the lamp rod to the desired length and file off any rough edges.
- To make the lamp cord easier to thread through the rod, place masking tape around the end or the cord.
How can I make Christmas fun?
Just choose your favorite from those below or use them to inspire an idea all your own.
- Take a Holiday Card Photo.
- Send Soldiers Holiday Cards.
- Decorate a Gingerbread House.
- Bake Unique Christmas Cookies.
- Plan a Family Photoshoot.
- Start a New Family Tradition.
- Host a Christmas Craft Party.
- Write Letters to Santa.
What are some fun and easy crafts to do at home?
Easy DIY Crafts Anyone Can Do
- Blue Monogrammed String Art.
- Picture Perfect Pom-Poms in Minutes.
- Paper Towel Roll Castle.
- Newspaper Seed-Starter Pots.
- Cardboard Tube Seed-Starting.
- Monogram Faux Floral Wreath.
- DIY Upcycled Wine Cork Board.
- Use Nail Polish to Create Marbled Votives.
How do you make homemade Christmas?
Our 90 Favorite DIY Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Make Ice Lanterns.
- Help Kids Count Down to the Big Day.
- Set the Table.
- Craft a Snowy Wreath.
- Make Your Bar Cart More Merry.
- Go Au Naturel.
- Put Candy Canes Under Your Tree.
- Turn a Toy Into Holiday Decor.