- 1 What can you make out of clothes hangers?
- 2 What can I do with hangers?
- 3 How do you make cute hangers?
- 4 What can you make out of plastic coat hangers?
- 5 What can I do with metal coat hangers?
- 6 What do you do with hangers you don’t need?
- 7 What can I do with old wooden hangers?
- 8 Can I put plastic hangers in the recycle bin?
- 9 Do dry cleaners want hangers back?
- 10 What do you do with kids plastic hangers?
What can you make out of clothes hangers?
10 Handy Things You Can Do With a Wire Hanger
- Declog a drain. Simply unwind the neck and fold the hook tighter to create a slim snake that gets the gunk out.
- Support a feeble plant.
- Make a wreath.
- Skim debris off pools.
- Corral flip flops.
- Fight static cling.
- Roast marshmallows.
- Store magazines.
What can I do with hangers?
One of the simplest ways to reuse wire clothes hangers is to donate them to organizations that can put them to good use: thrift stores, crisis shelters, group homes, and nursing homes are often in need of hangers. Many dry cleaners will accept hangers for reuse, and some might offer you a discount for returning them.
How do you make cute hangers?
14 Adorable Ways To Decorate Your Clothing Hangers
- Washi Tape Hangers. Heather from The Lovely Cupboard created this sweet and simple washi-wrapped clothing hangers.
- Thread-Wrapped Hangers.
- Color Block Yarn Hanger.
- Ombre Hanger.
- Painted Hangers.
- Hangers Decoupaged with Napkins.
- Woven Lace Hangers.
- Patterned Neon Hangers.
What can you make out of plastic coat hangers?
- DIY Neon Nonslip Hangers.
- Repurposed Wire Hanger Book Holder.
- Repurposed Wooden Hanger Dish Drainer.
- Repurposed Wire Hanger Wreath.
- Upcycled Wire Hanger Entryway Holder.
- DIY Flip Flop Organizer.
- Upcycled Wire Hanger Topiary.
- Upcycled Wooden Hanger Chandelier.
What can I do with metal coat hangers?
As you mentioned, dry cleaners are usually happy to reclaim your unwanted wire hangers. Though cleaners aren’t the only place you can drop them off. Many scrap- metal recyclers will also accept wire hangers — just don’t expect to be compensated for them.
What do you do with hangers you don’t need?
You can always donate your old plastic hangers to thrift stores for them to use. How Do You Dispose of Metal Hangers?
- Donate to Charity.
- Give Them to Your Dry Cleaner.
- Take Them to Your Laundry.
- Give to Freecycle.
- Toss Them in the Trash.
What can I do with old wooden hangers?
5 Things to Do with… Wooden Hangers
- DISPLAY ARTWORK. Photo: home-designing.com. Here’s a DIY hanger project for those who want to show off prints and photos in a fun, alternative way.
- DRY DISHES. Photo: refabdiaries.com.
- ADD LIGHTING. Photo: inhabitat.com.
- HANG TOWELS. Photo: decorhacks.com.
- MAKE A TABLE.
Can I put plastic hangers in the recycle bin?
You will need to check with your own council to know whether you can put your plastic coat hangers into your houshold recycling collection – you probably cannot put them in your recycling bin – however many councils will accept all types of plastic at household recycling centres.
Do dry cleaners want hangers back?
Dry – cleaning hangers and plastic Some dry cleaners will take them back and reuse them, and some tailors and alteration shops will take them as well — so just ask.
What do you do with kids plastic hangers?
Donate them to your local dry cleaners. They will. It’s common practice, according to Unclutterer: Most dry cleaners recycle hangers and actually appreciate you returning them because it saves them money. You get rid of clutter in your closet and help keep landfills free of hangers.