- 1 What can you do instead of baby shower games?
- 2 How do you make a baby shower fun?
- 3 What kind of food do you serve at a baby shower?
- 4 What games do you play at baby showers?
- 5 How do I make my baby shower not boring?
- 6 Is it rude to put registry on baby shower invitation?
- 7 Who pays for a baby shower?
- 8 Is it rude to not open gifts at a baby shower?
- 9 What did Dad say baby shower?
- 10 What should I serve at a 2pm baby shower?
- 11 How much should a baby shower cost per person?
- 12 What is the cheapest food to serve at a party?
- 13 How many games should a baby shower have?
- 14 What are baby shower themes?
- 15 What is a diaper raffle?
What can you do instead of baby shower games?
12 Awesome Baby Shower Activities and Ideas that Aren’t Games
- Diaper Raffle. Via MrsAlexPaul.com.
- Bring a Book Instead of a Greeting Card. Via CuldesacCool.com.
- Supportive Diaper Messages.
- Have a Keepsake “Guestbook”
- Baby’s First Alphabet Book Activity.
- Onesie Making Station.
- Advice & Wishes Cards.
- Polaroid Photobooth.
How do you make a baby shower fun?
Here are some tips and tricks to actually having fun at your own shower.
- Make it co-ed.
- Hold a separate one for friends and for relatives.
- Make it three hours—max.
- Serve lots of alcohol.
- Make an anonymous tip box labelled “unsolicited advice”
- Pick a convenient location.
- Buy yourself a new outfit for the occasion.
What kind of food do you serve at a baby shower?
Whether you plan on having only finger foods or an entire menu at the baby shower, here are some ideas for the savory food:
- Crudité platter.
- Cheese plate.
- Olives and pickles.
- Swedish meatballs.
- Chicken satay.
- Egg or spring rolls.
- Veggie sushi.
- Deviled eggs.
What games do you play at baby showers?
Here are the Top 20 Best Baby Shower Games -from Beau-coup to you!
- Don’t Say Baby. Mum’s the word when it comes to saying ‘ baby ‘!
- Guess the Baby Game.
- Baby Items in the Bag.
- Mommy and Daddy’s Secrets.
- Baby Sketch Artists.
- Dirty Diapers.
- Guess the Baby Food.
- Guess the Mother’s Measurements.
How do I make my baby shower not boring?
How to Throw a Baby Shower That Doesn’t Suck
- Stop calling them showers.
- Include men* and families.
- Make it an open house.
- Ask guests to bring unwrapped gifts.
- Have optional activities.
- Serve good eats and drinks.
- 20 thoughts on “How to Throw a Baby Shower That Doesn’t Suck”
Is it rude to put registry on baby shower invitation?
Don’t put your baby shower registry on the invitation. If not, it’s considered acceptable baby shower invitation etiquette to include registry information on a separate enclosure, according to Emily Post. Many retailers will provide registry cards for such use in store.
Who pays for a baby shower?
Who Traditionally Pays for a Baby Shower? The hostess traditionally pays for the baby shower and its associated costs. However, the hostess can divide up the responsibility and costs by asking a few close family members or friends to co-host.
Is it rude to not open gifts at a baby shower?
A: Recent trends in baby shower events have changed. As much as guests would love for the mom-to-be to open their gifts, proper etiquette is respecting her wishes and not asking her to open the presents during the shower. Once one gift is opened, a chain reaction will start and everyone will want theirs opened too.
What did Dad say baby shower?
At the baby shower, give everyone a pen and a game card and let them guess how many questions mommy will get right. Then have mommy guess what daddy said. Your guests can guess along as she tries to guess dad’s answers. The winner is the person who had the most number of right answers.
What should I serve at a 2pm baby shower?
Mini sandwiches, cheese and crackers, fruit, cake, brownies, bottled water, lemonade. Do everything mini! As you get closer to meal times, more food would be expected. At this time of day, a menu might include:
- Fruit salad.
- Vegetable tray with dip.
- Mini sandwiches or hot hors d’œuvres.
- Cake or dessert.
How much should a baby shower cost per person?
How much should a baby shower cost per person? Depending on the venue and food you choose, you’re looking at between $15-$30 a head for a traditional shower, again though, we can help you cut down costs and make this number more like $3-$5 per person.
What is the cheapest food to serve at a party?
Here are some simple party food ideas on a budget:
- Loose meat sandwiches.
- Baked potatoes.
- Cheese and crackers.
- Vegetables and dip.
How many games should a baby shower have?
A typical baby shower lasts about 2-3 hours. As guests arrive, they are offered food and drinks and they mingle. Once all of the guests have arrived and had a chance to enjoy food and drink, about 30-45 minutes into the shower, the games begin. There are usually 3-5 different games lasting for another 30-45 minutes.
What are baby shower themes?
Gender-Neutral Baby Shower Themes
- Safari-Themed Baby Shower.
- Beatles-Themed Baby Shower.
- Taco Bar-Themed Baby Shower.
- Mardi Gras-Themed Baby Shower.
- Balloon-Themed Baby Shower.
- Minimalist Baby Shower.
- Lush and Luxurious Baby Shower.
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star-Themed Baby Shower.
What is a diaper raffle?
What Is A Diaper Raffle? Simply put, a diaper raffle is a baby shower activity to get mommy-to-be lots of diapers. It is seriously easy for the baby shower host to set up. All you need are raffle tickets and an awesome prize.