- 1 What crafts can I make with old CDs?
- 2 How can I use old CDs creatively?
- 3 How do you decorate old CDs?
- 4 What to do with old CDs without cases?
- 5 Are old CDs worth anything?
- 6 Is it worth selling CDs on EBay?
- 7 How do you dispose of old CD ROMS?
- 8 How do you melt a CD into a bowl?
- 9 Can you throw CDs away?
- 10 Does anyone buy CDs anymore?
- 11 What music CDs are worth money?
What crafts can I make with old CDs?
From bird baths to christmas decorations, and lamps to jewellery there’s a CD design here for you:
- Make a beautiful bird bath. meandmydiy.com.
- Turn your old, bland boots into shiny shoes. Mint Hasumy.
- Nailed it: driveway reflector.
- Infinity guitar picks.
- Make a trippy lamp.
- Easy ice scraper.
- A candle holder.
- Fridge decor.
How can I use old CDs creatively?
Creative Ways to Use Old CDs and DVDs
- Mosaic flower pot. Check out the DIY Show’s tutorial on how to make this gorgeously reflective mosaic flower pot!
- Garden markers.
- Mosaic mirror.
- Wind chimes.
- Bird bath.
- Decorative curtains.
How do you decorate old CDs?
Use old CDs as holiday ornaments Decorate your Christmas tree in style! Hang CDs shiny side out to create a flickering array of lights—or paint and decorate the label side to create inexpensive personalized ornaments. For variety, cut the CDs into stars and other shapes with sharp scissors.
What to do with old CDs without cases?
The Charitable Route: Libraries, Nonprofits and Thrift Stores. If reselling isn’t an option for you, or if you’d rather give to charity, you can call your local library to see if they’re taking donations of CDs and DVDs. You can also drop them off at a nonprofit thrift store like Goodwill, which always takes donations.
Are old CDs worth anything?
Those old compact discs you loaded up on at $15 a pop are now worth pennies on the Clinton administration dollar, thanks to a double-whammy change in consumers’ listening habits. Sales of new CDs have plummeted by about 90% over the past decade.
Is it worth selling CDs on EBay?
I’ve found that the best platform/method for selling CD’s is EBay, with 30-day “Buy it now” listings. If you sell less than 50 items per month on EBay, there are no insertion fees and total basic fees are 10% of the value of the sale. EBay even offers discounted USPS postage, which lowers the total cost of sale.
How do you dispose of old CD ROMS?
How to Recycle CDs & Tapes
- Donate your old CD, DVDs and tapes to a secondhand store or music reseller for reuse. Even if the items are scratched, it’s likely they can be repaired and resold.
- Use them for a DIY art project.
- Mail your media to a company like the CD Recycling Center of America or GreenDisk.
How do you melt a CD into a bowl?
Take some old CD’s that you don’t want anymore and preheat your oven to 325*. Wad up a ball of aluminum foil, and place it on a covered cookie sheet. Place your old CD on top of the ball of aluminum foil and place it in the oven to melt down. No- it will not catch on fire!
Can you throw CDs away?
CDs are recyclable, but you can ‘t just throw them in your curbside recycling bin. Compact discs are made out of polycarbonate plastic, which is classified as a No. 7 or “other” plastic. These plastics are often more difficult to recycle.
Does anyone buy CDs anymore?
Music CD sales are still sold at concerts and many musicians rely on that income. But some artists have begun selling digital codes, too. “But there are still people who will buy CDs, so this just gives them one less place to buy them.”
What music CDs are worth money?
11 surprisingly valuable CDs you might own
- Prince – My Name was Price (Japan-only compilation)
- Value: $4,500-5,000.
- Rolling Stones/Paul McCartney/Queen – The Greatest (Japan-only box set)
- Value: Up to £2,500, or $5,078 equiv.
- Rolling Stones – Steel Wheels Japan Tour (Japan-only compilation)
- Value: $4,400-4,600.