- 1 What can you make with polystyrene balls?
- 2 What are Styrofoam balls used for?
- 3 How do you cover a polystyrene ball?
- 4 Can you paint polystyrene balls?
- 5 How do you dye polystyrene balls?
- 6 How do you make a garland out of Styrofoam balls?
- 7 Can polystyrene be clear?
- 8 What sizes do Styrofoam balls come in?
- 9 What are polystyrene beads?
- 10 How do you measure a polystyrene ball?
- 11 How do you cover polystyrene balls with fondant?
What can you make with polystyrene balls?
Styrofoam balls are fun to use in craft projects. You can paint them, push pipe cleaners into them, glue eyes and felt to them, turn them into robots, the list goes on. We have plenty of styrofoam ball crafts and ideas the kids will love!
What are Styrofoam balls used for?
Polystyrene balls for craft and hobbies can be used by children to create models and sculptures. They can be decorated and are great for making Christmas decorations. Ideas for things to make with polystyrene craft balls.
How do you cover a polystyrene ball?
Turn the ball over on a piece of parchment paper and ease the the remaining excess to cover the bottom. Trim flush and use cake smoothers to blend the sugar paste together. This will be the bottom of the ball so turn it up the other way and again smooth all over.
Can you paint polystyrene balls?
Water based paints or acrylic craft paints are the best to use on Styrofoam. Water based paints, specifically poster paints, work well with younger kids as they can get a really good and thick coverage of paint on the polystyrene shape. They will need a little longer to dry though.
How do you dye polystyrene balls?
- Squeeze white glue into the plastic tray, about 1 tablespoon per Styrofoam ball.
- Add a few drops of food coloring. Stir until the coloring is thoroughly mixed into the glue.
- Spear the Styrofoam balls with skewers. Place the balls upright in the large foam block with the skewers to dry overnight.
How do you make a garland out of Styrofoam balls?
First take the styrofoam balls and stick a wooden skewer through them. You can then stick the skewer into a floral foam block so that they are standing upright. You now need to paint each ball on all sides. It is very easy to paint these since they are on the skewer.
Can polystyrene be clear?
Polystyrene (PS) /ˌpɒliˈstaɪriːn/ is a synthetic aromatic hydrocarbon polymer made from the monomer known as styrene. Polystyrene can be solid or foamed. General-purpose polystyrene is clear, hard, and brittle. Polystyrene can be naturally transparent, but can be coloured with colourants.
What sizes do Styrofoam balls come in?
Styrofoam is simple to decorate, yet yields professional looking crafts. These white Styrofoam balls come in 7 different sizes: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4 and 6 inches. There are 12 balls in all the packs, but the 6 inch pack includes 6 balls.
What are polystyrene beads?
Polystyrene beads are foam beads made from heated and processed hydrocarbon. Polystyrene beads may serve as wall cavity insulation in homes and building. They are particularly effective when installed in existing walls, where it may be impractical to add traditional fiberglass blankets.
How do you measure a polystyrene ball?
Circumference. This is the measurement around the outside of the ball at the widest point. This would be measured with a tape measure, similar to taking a waist measurement.
How do you cover polystyrene balls with fondant?
My easy way to cover a styrofoam ball with fondant or gumpaste. Rub the ball with some vegetal shortening and the fondant or gumpaste will smoothly stick to the styrofoam ball.