What can I use as a zipper pull?
A piece of twine sandwiched between two fabric shapes is an easy way to make a zipper pull tab.
How do you make a zipper pull with beads?
DIY Beaded Zipper Pull – Tutorial
- Take a head pin and arrange your beads. Leave approximately 1cm (1/2″) of wire at the top.
- If necessary, use your wire cutting pliers to cut your head pin to size.
- Use the round nose pliers to twist the top of the head pin into a loop.
Can you replace just the zipper slider?
When a zipper pull breaks, or the slider simply wears out, you don’t need to replace the entire zipper. Just replace the zipper slider and the stop that keeps it from sliding off. This is a quick repair that can make the difference between a zipper that doesn’t work at all and one that works like it’s brand new.
How do you attach a tassel to a zipper pull?
To attach the tassel to the zipper pull, open the medium or large jump ring slightly. Slip it onto the tassels ‘ loop and then onto the bottom opening of the claw clasp. Close the jump ring securely.
How do you make a leather zipper pull?
Measure the height of the hole.
- 2- Cut a strip of 20 cm by 2 cm in the faux- leather or other non-fraying fabric.
- 3- Fold the strip into 2 lengthwise, wrong sides together.
- 4- Trim the excess close to the stitchine along the entire strip.
- 5- Fold the strip in two and slide the ends through the hole in the zipper pull.