What can you do with a wooden tray?
Wooden serving trays can also be used to transport food and drinks to your family and guests. Another way to use a serving tray is by keeping items well organized on a dressing table.
How do you refurbish a wooden tray?
Sand the Tray A combination of sandpaper and the liquid sandpaper/deglosser preps the surface more evenly than just sandpaper. After hand sanding the tray, wipe off the entire tray with a damp rag to remove any sanding dust. Then, apply the liquid sandpaper/deglosser with a separate rag and let completely dry.
What do you put on a decorative tray?
A decorative tray in the bedroom holds anything and everything. Lights, flowers, candles, perfumes, photos, and jewelry are just some of the things you can put on your tray to both keep things organized and looking good.
How do you color a wooden tray?
- Gather Materials. Select tray, stencil design, paint colors and additional materials.
- Sand Tray. Remove protective finish from tray surface, using medium-grit sanding pad, to allow new paint to adhere.
- Prime Tray.
- Sand Tray.
- Paint Tray.
- Sand Tray Between Layers of Paint.
- Apply Second Coat of Paint.
- Center Stencil on Tray.
How can I reuse an old tray?
How Do I Reuse a Tray? 17 Serving Tray Makeovers
- backgammon. Backgammon is basically designed to be homemade from upcycled trays.
- boot tray.
- bottle caps.
- chalk paint menu board.
- display case.
- family tree.
- faux drawer.
- LEGO tray.
How do you waterproof a wooden tray?
There are three surefire ways to waterproof your wood for years to come.
- Use linseed or Tung oil to create a beautiful and protective hand-rubbed finish.
- Seal the wood with coating of polyurethane, varnish, or lacquer.
- Finish and waterproof wood simultaneously with a stain-sealant combo.