What can I do with a watering can?
Watering cans can be re-purposed into creative planters and projects, or used in dozens of other ways in the garden as garden art, water features or garden decorations. Plant them up, or use them as a vase for cut flowers.
How do you decorate a watering can?
A very simple idea if you plan on transforming an old watering can into a unique vase or a planter is to use some paper images of flowers or other things you like and some clear Mod Podge. Basically you just have to glue the images onto the can and then seal them with a layer of Mod Podge.
How do you paint a watering can?
Spray Paint Project Steps
- Use a putty knife or copper brush to get the paint out of any crevices.
- Once all paint has been removed, clean the surface with mineral spirits and let dry.
- Sand the watering can with steel wool.
- If necessary, use a small hammer on the inside of the watering can to gently knock out any dents.
What paint to use on old watering can?
- An Old Watering Can.
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Fort York Red.
- Fusion – Black Wax.
- IOD Decor Transfers – Classic Pots.
- Wax Brush.
How do you make a watering can with fairy lights?
- Gently remove the shower head from the watering can and set it aside.
- Using a screw driver (or your tool of choice), make the holes bigger on the shower head of the watering can.
- Place the lights inside the watering can and push them up and out of the spout.
What’s another word for watering can?
Also called watering pot, sprinkling can.