- 1 What can I make with wood slices?
- 2 What can I make with small log slices?
- 3 What can I do with a large tree slice?
- 4 How do I make a wooden wreath slice?
- 5 How do you make a tree centerpiece slice?
- 6 How do I make a wooden table slice?
- 7 How do you paint a wood slice?
- 8 How do you dry wood slices without cracking them?
- 9 How do you cut a wooden chainsaw with a slice?
- 10 How do you finish a tree slice?
- 11 How do you preserve wood slices?
What can I make with wood slices?
17 Amazing Wood Slice Craft Ideas
- Cut a groove into the top of a wood slice and it’s perfect for propping up this cute (and free) desktop calendar.
- Embroider a design onto a wood slice!
- Make magnets.
- Turn a wood round into a cool pencil holder.
- Spice up your corkboard and make wood slice thumbtacks.
What can I make with small log slices?
25 Best Wood Slice Crafts for Naturally Beautiful Décor and Gifts
- of 25. Easter Egg Wood Slice Coasters.
- of 25. Colorful Wood Slice Thumbtacks.
- of 25. Wood Slice Photo Ornament.
- of 25. Personalized Engraved Coasters.
- of 25. Pumpkin Wood Slice Display.
- of 25. Pencil Holder.
- of 25. Magnets.
- of 25. Wine Charms.
What can I do with a large tree slice?
Large Wood Slices Used As Tables
- DIY Resin Wood Slice Table – Our Crafty Mom.
- Hanging Wood Slice Plant Stand – Brepurposed.
- DIY Tree Slice Table – A Lively Mind.
- Wood Slice Table – Craftify My Love.
- Milk and Cookies Table – Sweater Surgery.
How do I make a wooden wreath slice?
More videos on YouTube
- Add a drop of glue to a wooden slice and glue the slice onto the wreath form.
- To fill the gaps between the wooden slices, you can glue a second layer of slices onto the first layer, making sure to cover any blank spots.
- Add a burlap ribbon or any other embellishments to your wreath.
How do you make a tree centerpiece slice?
DIY: Wood Slice Centerpieces
- Cut 1″ to 1.5″ thick slices from a log.
- Allow slices to dry for a few days.
- Sand top and bottom of slice until smooth using a variety of sandpaper grits.
- Apply natural colored wood stain.
- If needed, sand stain smooth with 600 grit sandpaper.
How do I make a wooden table slice?
- Step 1: prepare the wood slice. Prep the tree slice by giving it a sand to smooth out the surface and remove some of the imperfections.
- Step 2: apply a wood finish.
- Step 3: paint or seal the table legs.
- Step 4: attach the table legs.
How do you paint a wood slice?
Tips and Recommendations
- Use glue or primer before painting on the slice; otherwise, your paint will be absorbed into the wood and your image will not be clear.
- To set your image, simply add a coat of clear varnish and let dry.
- Another way to set your image is to use wood polish.
How do you dry wood slices without cracking them?
Drying out wood slices is actually really easy. All you need to do is grab some denatured alcohol, and allow the slices to soak for 24 hours for each inch of thickness. Take the slices out, and let them dry.
How do you cut a wooden chainsaw with a slice?
Use a small amount of pressure to push the saw downwards through the trunk of the tree. Go slow and hold the chainsaw and hold it firmly for that clean and perfect cut. After you have led the saw through the wood, move the slice out of the way and repeat if you need to cut more.
How do you finish a tree slice?
Just do a quick search in your favorite search engine to find many suppliers.
- Step 1: Cleaning and Sanding. The top of the slice was in pretty good shape already.
- Step 2: Stain the Slice of Wood.
- Step 3: Seal and Shine the Top.
- Step 4: Install the Legs.
- Step 5: Place and Enjoy.
How do you preserve wood slices?
If your wooden slice was cut and left to dry for longer than a few days, use wood sealer as a soaking solution to help prevent cracks or splits from forming. Fill the container just over halfway so you can submerge the wooden slice without overflowing the container.