- 1 What can you do with a wooden spool?
- 2 What can I make with small wooden spools?
- 3 Are wooden spools worth anything?
- 4 How big is a wooden spool?
- 5 Where can I get large wooden cable spools for free?
- 6 What are those giant wooden spools called?
- 7 What can I do with old wooden spools?
- 8 What to do with old wooden bobbins?
- 9 What can I do with old threads?
- 10 Are antique sewing machines worth anything?
- 11 When were wooden spools threads sold?
- 12 What is the most expensive antique sewing machine?
- 13 Does Home Depot have wooden spools?
- 14 What are wood spools?
What can you do with a wooden spool?
The possibilities are endless!
- Upcycled Wooden Cable Spools Picnic Table.
- Upcycled Wooden Cable Spools End Table.
- Upcycled Wooden Cable Spools Chicken Coop.
- Upcycled Wooden Cable Spools Shabby Chic Bar.
- Upcycled Wooden Cable Spools Library Table.
- Upcycled Wooden Cable Spools Reading Chair.
What can I make with small wooden spools?
23 Wooden Spool Ideas | Small Wooden Spool Ideas
- Oversized Spool Wall Clock. Update your lounge with this rustic wall clock project.
- Spool Coffee Table.
- Cable Spool Headboard.
- DIY Wire Spool Coffee Table.
- DIY Spool Bookcase.
- Salvaged Spool Ottoman.
- Spool Teeter Totter.
- Spinning Table.
Are wooden spools worth anything?
Antique wooden thread spools value: They are unique, well built and seem to last forever. A good wood spool doesn’t lose its value once the thread is gone. At one collectible store, you can pick up wood spools and their accessories for between $27 and $200.
How big is a wooden spool?
Wooden drums range from 250mm to 4500mm and carry loads of up to 60 tonnes. Steel drums can vary in size from 630mm to 10000mm and carry loads of up to 250 tonnes.
Where can I get large wooden cable spools for free?
Contact a local utility ( cable /phone) or construction company and ask if they have any for sale. If you see a crew working on site, you might work up your courage to stop and ask them what they do with their spools when they’re done with them or at best, get a contact number. They might also offer you one for free.
What are those giant wooden spools called?
Cable reels, which can also be termed as drums, have been used for many years to transport electric cables, fiber optic cables and wire products. Cable reels usually come in four different types, each with their own uses: wood, plywood, plastic and steel.
What can I do with old wooden spools?
Sewing: If you have a lot of large wooden spools or bobbins that still have vintage thread or yarn on them, by all means, use them for knitting, sewing, or other mending projects. Drawer knobs: Use antique wooden spools as knobs on armoires, dressers, or bureaus.
What to do with old wooden bobbins?
10 things to do with wooden bobbins
- To do some spool or tube knitting(also known as ‘French’ knitting)
- Make a car or a tank, powered by bobbins.
- As a tree trunk.
- In the kitchen as a kitchen roll holder.
- To time yourself.
- As a handy holder for string and scissors.
- Make trains.
- As photo holders.
What can I do with old threads?
So, you can start by using your old thread for thread tracing, temporary basting and some smaller jobs like tailor’s tacks. Or, you can use it for some fun DIY projects. For instance, you can fill up a pillowcase with a bunch of old threads. Or, you can try stuffing your dog’s bed with it, too.
Are antique sewing machines worth anything?
First, know that a sewing machine is considered an antique if it was crafted more than 100 years ago. Newer machines are considered vintage, but they can still be extremely valuable on the collectibles market. Have the machine’s serial number handy.
When were wooden spools threads sold?
Before that, textiles were sewn with silk or linen thread, and rarely homespun cotton or wool thread. At first, they were sold in hanks as some yarns still are. Thread came on wooden spools beginning about 1820. Like our beverage bottles, the spools could be returned for a deposit, to be refilled.
What is the most expensive antique sewing machine?
The Royal Connection: the most expensive sewing machine ever sold.
Does Home Depot have wooden spools?
I went to the Home Depot first. They have several things they sell that are on the spools. The spools range in size and if a product is almost gone, they will let you have it for free. They have a bunch of spool on what looks like a ferris wheel.
What are wood spools?
These classic shaped wood spools are unfinished and ready for projects. You can stamp, paint, or embellish them in multiple ways, or use them to hold thread, twine or cord. They can also be used for children’s art projects. You can tea stain them or paint them. Spools measure 1 1/8th inches tall by 7/8″ wide.